Add Next/Previous buttons in Details view

Hi Bennet. Thanks for the quick response. I'd love to see what you've come up with based on a fixed table length. For my purposes - I think this would work. Perhaps I could add an 'alert' when there are no more records to display that prompts the user to refresh the table.

I apologize to David and anyone else waiting on this- Its been crazy at work recently and haven't had the time or energy to work on any fun stuff recently.

I have a way to do this for the records displaying in the table - Example: the 25, 50 whatever you have the limit set to.

The problem lies in the multiple pages of information in the table, since that information is not available when the table renders.

An API call can be down to get the full records without pagination but the challenge in that lies with knowing if the user has sorted or filtered the records you'd need the API to be dynamic to get those same records in the same order. That is the part I was struggling with last time I worked on it.

If someone one has a piece of JS that can pull what filters/sorting is done on a Knack Table, that would help me long greatly.

Hi Bennet,

I would love a head start on this code as well. I'm chiming in so I get notifications on this thread. 

With more than one page - this will likely involve an API call as Knack's table only has the data on those 25, 50, whatever number of rows in the table.

I'll dig to see if the other pages of data are there somewhere but I don't remember them being so on past stuff I've done.

It should still be able to be done - just makes it more complicated.

Definitely. thank you so much!

Ok I can think of a couple ways this could be done - I'd have to work on some js and test it. Might take me a few days to find the time.

The table that is being used - is it likely or common that there would be more than 1 page of records in the table?

Correct.

Just to make sure I understand the scenario - 

You have table (assuming a normal table, not pivot table from reports) with X number of records is it and the user can click to view more details on a record.

Rather than having to go back to the table and select another record, you'd like for it to just click "Next" and have it pull details on whatever record was next on the table? (previous doing the reverse)?

1 Like