Action links - open a modal page on click

As a Builder I would like to be able to access child pages and/or specific views from action links and other links such as menu views or links to other pages so that I can link directly to a specific location on a page. This feature would have an option to enable this link to open in a modal. Currently I can only access parent pages with these links which is quite restrictive.

Thanks for the clarification! We haven't thus far allowed for linking to child pages or specific elements on a page as there's often data source and/or login requirements to make sure those links can be accessed. We definitely see how this could be useful though and I'll get the feature request filed:

Allow action links (and other links such as menu views or links to other pages) to access child pages and/or specific views. This feature would have an option to enable this link to open in a modal.

Hi Laura,

The link to a page function only let us choose the main pages and not only specific views, forms, tables, etc. which is limited. The idea to use action links is to also use it to open specific views, forms, tables, etc. on a click, in modal format. The best would be to let it be applied direct on record and not having to create a specific link text.

There are many great ideas to improve this new function. Would be great to have all.

Tks!

Hi Guilherme -

Could you provide just a bit more context here on what you're trying to do? You can currently link to a page from the same places that action links are available (tables, details, etc.) and then make sure that page is set to a modal view.

Is there some other functionality you're looking for where that setup doesn't work?

Thanks!