Force refresh cache app

Anyone have any idea how to I can force the user to reload/refresh the page so they clear their cache for the application? I am making frequent updates to our app and many users are not seeing the current forms and other page stuff because they are seeing the prior update. It's becoming an absolute customer support nightmare having every user seeing a different version of the app because we may update the app a few times per week.

3 Likes

I have the same need. I have seen some websites prompt users to refresh the page to receive new updates.

Bumping this as I felt this pain over the last week launching a new interface for my client’s users.
Some are still submitting via the old legacy form in my app because they have not refreshed their browser.

It would be great if users can be forced to refresh their app when a new change takes place.

1 Like

KTL has an auto-refresh switch you can set but unfortunately, in your case, it is view-based only I believe.

Hi guys,

@Dean2, you’re right, the KTL solves this issue with the powerful BROADCAST NOW action in the SW Update page.

This is described here: Advanced Features · cortexrd/Knack-Toolkit-Library Wiki (github.com)

It allows forcing a refresh remotely by a simple click. When you do this, all opened browsers will be refreshed, fetching the latest code at the same time. Those not opened will simply get it upon next opening.

Also, since the KTL supports persistent forms, no data is lost. All fields are restored after the refresh.

Of course to get this feature you must invest a bit of time setting up the system. But the result will give you much more than just SW updates. You also get heartbeat monitoring (online presence), comprehensive account logging, user preferences, saved user filters, and public filters.

Total cost: z.e.r.o.

Take a look at this and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Norm

1 Like