Custom code transforming your log in pages

I think we can all agree knacks ‘Out of the box’ sign in pages look a little bit dull. I have added some code here to style the login pages.

From this…

To this

You don’t need to add anything in the builder just copy and paste the code below

Javascript

$(document).on('knack-page-render.any', function() {
   if ($('.kn-login').length) {
     $('#knack-body, .kn-scenes').addClass('loginPage');
   }else{
     $('#knack-body, .kn-scenes').removeClass('loginPage');
   }
});

CSS

/*
This is if you want just a background colour
*/
#knack-body.loginPage {
  background: coral;
}

/*
This is if you want to a add a background cover 
*/
#knack-body.loginPage {
  background-image: url("https://img.rawpixel.com/s3fs-private/rawpixel_images/website_content/v1016-c-08_1-ksh6mza3.jpg?w=800&dpr=1&fit=default&crop=default&q=65&vib=3&con=3&usm=15&bg=F4F4F3&ixlib=js-2.2.1&s=f584d8501c27c5f649bc2cfce50705c0");
  background-size: cover;
  background-position: center;
}

/*
This is to change the size of logo
*/

#knack-body.loginPage  .knHeader__logo--custom {
  width: 100px;
}

#knack-body.loginPage .knHeader__title-logo-wrapper {
  width:fit-content;
  margin:auto;
}

#knack-body.loginPage {
  display: flex;
  align-items: center;
}

.kn-login-form {
}

.loginPage * {
   width:100%;
}

.loginPage .knHeader__title {
  display: none!important;
}

.loginPage .knHeader {
 background-color: #ffffff00!important;
}

.kn-login .column.is-half {
  border-radius:.6em;
  -webkit-box-shadow: 10px 10px 90px -24px rgba(150,147,150,1);
  -moz-box-shadow: 10px 10px 90px -24px rgba(150,147,150,1);
  box-shadow: 10px 10px 90px -24px rgba(150,147,150,1);
  border:1px solid rgb(189, 187, 187);
  padding:20px;
  background: white;
}

.kn-login .control input.checkbox {
  margin-top:10px;
  width:fit-content;
}
9 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Johnny_Appknowledged_UK - looking forward to having a play with this one and trying some different background images. :+1:

1 Like

You’re welcome @CarlHolmes enjoy

This Looks Great thank you

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Johnny_Appknowledged_UK , this is great

I am a complete novice in CSS : I would like to NOT show the logo at all, and struggling with the code.
How would you do this ?

1 Like

@Francois Just add this

1 Like

This looks awesome!

1 Like

This is great. One question, I have a white line dividing the header and the login page, can I get rid of that?
Thanks you for the great code.

1 Like

Thanks @Brian1!

Bit hard to tell, this is based on a app with no code in it all. The only thing I can think of is there might be some other code effecting this.

Drop me a email I’ll be more than happy to fix it with you on a zoom
johnny@appknowledged.co.uk

Thank you, I will look at my code first. If I cant find it I will reach out for sure.

Found it,
I had to add the following code to css:

.loginPage .knHeader–bottom-border {
border-bottom: none;
}

Thanks,

Hello Johnny
Thanks for you help.
I tried this, but I still have it displayed ; just to make sure, I am talking about this element I would like to remove :

Thnks again

Francois

@Francois ping me a message and ill jump on a zoom with you to sort out.

johnny@appknowledged.co.uk

1 Like

@Johnny_Appknowledged_UK - first , thank you for sharing this, it’s incredibly useful.

I’ve been trying to make it work with Google SSO enabled, and I’m hitting a brick wall. The default login screen with an SSO button looks ridiculous, so it needs to be changed.

This (using your code with a couple of small changes) looks OK on mobile, but not on desktop:

It seems the login page actually has three columns, and when you have an SSO button it goes in the rightmost column. I can’t see an obvious way of getting this control to line up in the left column and get the login centred.

If you want to take a look yourself it’s here: Knack

Any ideas? I could just add a new SSO button to the login page and hide the right hand two columns, but I can’t see an obvious way of acheiving that either.

All pointers gratefully received!

Andrew

Hey @Andrew7

I see you you’ve had a go looking at your CSS but the code can easily become quite messy. The main issue is there is no out container and I would tackle this by starting again with what I’ve posted here. I would create a new outer container using the jquery wrapAll method and go from there.

More than happy to spend some time with you to create this. My email is johnny@appknowledged.co.uk

Hey everyone, I hope you’ve been enjoying these code snippets. I wanted to let you know that all of my code is now available on my new platform, Appknowledged. Appknowledged has taken over from KnackMods. I encourage all of you to sign up—it’s completely free—and you’ll have access to all of my free content.