Creating Multi-Company SAAS App

Jessie, this news is very encouraging. Looking forward to.

Little late to the party, however, we had success spinning up a Knack SaaS app for Technology Consultants - a handful of deployments can be found at norfolkfiber.com, boomns.com, smartfiberoptics.com, and cableshepherd.com.

All of the aforementioned users want access to the same trade data - i.e. vendors, historical pricing, and IT Distributors, however, they all have customer data specific to their organization. Expanding on the advice above, create an object for ‘clients’ with ‘client users’ and add objects for ‘white-label partners’ and ‘white-label users’, ‘vendors’ and ‘vendor contacts’, etc. Use connected objects (i.e. an organization connected to a white-label partner) to populate custom logos, contact, etc internal to your app.

People will talk about security - let safebase.io be your guide (they have an all inclusive free account).

Good Luck!

1 Like

Hi Jessie
Has there been any development in the SAAS multi-tenant space? If so is there any videos or docs to help us nut out how to make it happen?
Many Thanks in advance
James

Hi, James!

Welcome to the community! :partying_face:

Jessie is no longer an employee with Knack, but I’m happy to answer this question for you. :slight_smile:

If you’re referring to how she mentioned allowing builders to limit the connected records shown in view filters, that has been implemented as a feature, and you can find a bit of information on where to find this option here.

If that doesn’t answer your question or you would like some further assistance with this option or anything else, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team via the chat widget in the Builder or by submitting this form here. They will be more than happy to help answer any of your questions.

Thank you for sharing and happy Knacking!

Much appreciated.

If you do have anything a bit more focused on building a multi tenanted I love to see it. :slight_smile:

Thanks a Million
Cheers James

1 Like

Absolutely, I suggest checking out our knowledge base how-to guides/app walkthroughs available here. We’re in the process of revamping these articles to make them more educational and informative to fit the requests we have received.

If these articles don’t serve you, I also suggest looking into scheduling a time for Knack’s “Office Hours” to learn more about building out multi-tenant applications: see here for more info on that.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Hi Adam, I have emailed you about an urgent security matter relating to your Knack app. You will have received the email from my name [at] icewolf.ca.

Hi Folks,
This is a great thread. I am curious how folks have rolled out feature sets to different clients. I am thinking that I would use roles to enable different features for different clients. Does anyone have any experience doing this?
Thanks for the great discussion.
Best,
John
#AMDG