ChatGPT for JS / CSS creation?

Hi Knacksters,

what is your expierence using ChatGPT to create JS / CSS for Knack?

1 Like

Haven’t used it specifically for Knack but there’s no reason it shouldn’t work, it just adds a second layer to the code that we can’t support from the support side. If you’re comfortable massaging its output into a form that works for you though it should be helpful to knock things out quicker.

Most of your problem will be in feeding the prompt the right information (event names, etc) to get the output you desire.

Best of luck! I’d personally be interested to see how your outcomes fare because I’ve been testing it a lot myself in different scenarios just to see how it responds.

2 Likes

I’ve used ChatGPT to successfully create some REGEX code :man_technologist::+1:

3 Likes

That, is such a good idea!

ChatGPT is a very interesting technology with many use cases. We are looking into how Knack can leverage it to provide more value to customers. It’s great to hear what use cases you think we could incorporate. - Troy Kitch

1 Like

Hi @Kat, so true. Does Knack provide a list of all events, classes, selectors etc with their parameters.

How might ChatGPT facilitate teamwork among developers working on JavaScript and CSS projects?

Hi @Wolfgang_Brötz

We tend to use GitHub copilot for code help. We do use chatGPT also.

It saves us a lot of time writing code and introduces new ideas to make the code easier to read and to streamline it too.

I don’t think it’s there yet, to write your code for you but it will certainly point you in the write direction and help to fix issues.

Craig

1 Like

I use it all the time, of course you have to give GBT context as to the knack syntax but yes it’s excellent for also problem-solving. As always it’s only as good as the framework you give it. Also for CSS too.

So many platforms adopting it Zapier etc. I use Gemini too and though I’m a G evangelist, Open.Ai is still better IMHO