I think Knack saved a record during an authorization failure / re-directed login / other failure …
I am using inspectlet to record user sessions…
What the recording shows:
- user opens on “Home Page” with a list of “Open Positions”
- user clicks on “accept or decline” (link) which opens a knack form to collect “Accept” or “Decline” decision
- user clicks "submits’ (with default option of “decline”) selected
- user presented with a login screen
- user logs in
- user continues on “Accept or Decline” form
- user clicks “Submit” (radio options for “accept” or “decline”, “decline” is default)
- form detects “decline” and asks for additional information
- user adds additional information and hits submit
I can find nothing in the inspectlet session recording where “accepts” option was actually every selected …
however the record history clearly shows a record with that status.
My theory is that perhaps the session expired and authorization check when first attempt at submit caused the “Accept” status to be saved.
When user re-logged in, they were able to decline the position as was their intention.
Anyway, do any Knack experts have a theory how the “Accept” got saved if the user never selected it ?
(I understand we are assuming that inspectlet session recording didn’t miss user activity.)
Thanks in advance.