Javascript of JQuery?

I need to hire a javascript or Jquery person to write code for my attendance program (just like the template one you can test out, but specific for my program) and I want to know what to advertise for: 

When I click, "create class day" I want a script to automatically create a record of attendance for that class day for every student connected to that class.

Should I advertise for Javascript? or JQuery? 

(I understand that Jquery is javascript, but when hiring someone, I want to be as specific as possible). 

I did try it with Record Rules. The problem is that I wanted to create a record for EVERY instance of a connected person: so multiple records. So when you create a new record, I wanted another connected record created in every person that was connected to the original record connected to it. Woah. 

Class - connection to swimmers.

Class - connection to Class Day

New class Day > Create a New Class Attendance Record for every Swimmer Connected to the Class, connected to the Class Day. 

I ended up hiring a Javascript / JQuery dev on Freelancer.com and for a <200 fee got what I needed accomplished. 

Hi Jeff, have you checked if you can do that with Record Rules in the Builder? It can probably do the trick. Otherwise if you really need development I would go for JQuery as this will require knowledge of AJAX functions which are specific to JQuery. IMHO a person with JS knowledge could also quickly learn AJAX but if you are paying a premium... :)